Re: column length for LPAD

From: dbyy <noname_at_fooled.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 02:26:44 GMT

hi Thomas,

Yup, you answered actually my question.
I was looking already at USER_TAB_COLS and the column DATA_LENGTH and I wrote a simple func to retrieve data from this view. I'm little bit relunctant to access this DD view and was hoping there would a expression similar like '%TYPE' available for the length of a column (like %LENGTH or so).

But I think it's the only way to get this information with a SELECT on this view.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Fred