Re: Define a job to run once an year

From: Alan <not.me_at_rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:24:05 -0500

<joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote in message

> Alan wrote:
> > <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote in message
> > > My PO box is in a zip code dedicated to PO boxes... still get spam
> > > telling me my PO box is worth $40,000 more than last year.
> > >
> > > So, a post office may have multiple zip codes, and may have less
> than
> > > one (there are delivery stations in some communities, and of
> course,
> > > some major sorting stations.).
> > >
> > > Zip code demographics for marketing is logically and economically
> > > reasonable, if perhaps odoriferous to the recipients.
> > >

> > It's not very good if you live in a zip code that is near a large
> shopping
> > mall where cars are stolen frequently. You keep your car in a garage,
> never
> > visit that mall, and still get charged higher rates because of the
> thefts.
> > Some zip codes may be accurate for marketing, others wildly not so.
> Zip
> > codes do NOT reliably reflect anything- but they're all there is for
> free at
> > that small a level.
>
> Well, insurance actuarial tables aren't marketing - maybe
> anti-marketing :-) Don't get me started ranting on insurance
> companies, I'll just say mine dropped by 2/3 (with the same company)
> moving S 100 miles from LA.
>
> This is kinda cool:
> http://www.clusterbigip1.claritas.com/MyBestSegments/Default.jsp?ID=20

That is kind of cool, but it's still a problem. Example: 19147. Though very small geographically, it is a mixed area. It has some of the poorest, most uneducated people in Philadelphia, and some of the wealthiest and most educated. It varies from hard-core welfare recipients living in projects to upper society movers and shakers living in million dollar townhouses. Look it up and see what it says. Received on Thu Dec 30 2004 - 21:24:05 CST