Re: How to output to screen or a file in client's machine via PL/SQL

From: <my888_at_telstra.com>
Date: 30 Dec 2004 16:48:13 -0800

my example:

declare
fielname varchar2(256);
begin
filename := '/tmp/myoutput';

for x in (select from dept) loop
output_to_screen(x.emp_no|| x.emp_name); save_to_file_in_clients_machine(filename, x.emp_no|| x.emp_name); end loop;
end;

of course I can use the solution from asktom to replace output_to_screen to his my_dbms_output.put_line, however, the output would not be displayed on the screen until the next select from an SQL statement. How can I output it to screen??? and save to a file in the client's machine???? Received on Thu Dec 30 2004 - 18:48:13 CST