Re: kgepop: no error frame to pop to for error 21500

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:01:39 +0100

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:54:59 +0100, Heiko Mittelstaedt <heiko.m_at_arcor.de> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>One of our users got this error message above. It was printed after a
>while when he use a program, which uses the oci - just making a polling
>select with /*rule*/ inside. He uses WINDOWS 2000(?) and the 9.2.0.1
>Client soft. As he got this error the first time, i told him to update
>the client to 9.2.0.4, because i found some equal cases with google. But
>this had no effect, the error came again.
>
>So I need to report this error to oracle, but need more informations,
>what happens.
>
>How can I switch on the error frame to see details?
>
>Has someone an idea for the problem?
>
>I hope you can understand my english. ;-)
>
>BR,
>Heiko - Germany

Usually any errors in the 20000 range are application defined and are explicitly being generated by the application using raise_application_error in pl/sql. So I guess you would need to dig into source code, as it looks like you got an raise_application_error call without any accompanying error message.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA