partitioning necessary?

From: Thomas Blankschein <thomas_at_blankschein.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:11:07 +0100

Hello,

we have one table in our database with ~700 million rows. The table is index organized and we are very happy with the performance. During the next 1-2 years we expect ~3-4 billion rows in this table. Shall we consider partitioning? We use 9.2 standard, so we have to licence the option with extra costs. If the performance is ok and our DBAs have no probs with management, is it ok to leave this big table as it is?

Thanks,
Thomas Received on Wed Dec 22 2004 - 13:11:07 CST