Re: ORA-03113 and init.ora setting db_block size

From: Rytis Sileika <rytis_at__NS--PLEASE-REMOVE-THIS_dr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:25:28 +0000

You're absolutely right, the 3113 error is very generic, so you cannot identify problem properly when you get it. I was just trying to show one of the reasons why you can get it.

Problem is, that when you make a mistake in setting block size during db creation process there's no way you can tell what's wrong when you get a message right in to your face telling 'end of file ...'.

And yet again you're absolutely right telling that 32k might not be the right block size. However the point of this post was to show what may cause 3113 error and how I tackled it.

My apologies for doing all that harm, honestly, sorry I am.