Scheduled batch process fail to connect to Oracle

From: Vladimir Uzlaner <uzlanerv_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2004 12:29:53 -0800

Hello!

We have a batch process developed in MKS korn shell, where we connect to Oracle using:

SQL_CODE=`plus33 -s /@$ENVIRON<< SQLBLOCK

/
EXIT
SQLBLOCK`

In this case Oracle take the integral user login. And it is working properly if we run script from the shell environment, but it fail to connect to Oracle if we trying to run scheduled batch process.

Suppose user login is user/password. Then MKS connect to Oracle using OPS$USER/password login. I think problem is in '$' sign, because for Korn shell it is special character. And if we put:

SQL_CODE=`plus33 -s 'OPS$USER/password'@$ENVIRON<< SQLBLOCK

/
EXIT
SQLBLOCK`

It is working, but without quotes:
SQL_CODE=`plus33 -s OPS$USER/password@$ENVIRON it is fail again.

Please, advise anybody how to resolve this problem.

TIA. Vladimir Uzlaner Received on Tue Dec 21 2004 - 14:29:53 CST