Alter Table to Specify Column Ordering

From: <tncc>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:23:22 +0800

I am using Oracle. When I define the new tables, I need to add one column at a time (or a few columns at a time for large table) using 'alter table add column_name...'. Is there any way I can modify the ordering of the columns using the 'alter table' command? Because later on, I have some old scripts using insert which rely on pre-defined column ordering in table definition:

insert into table_name
values (...);
-- without explicit column names specified which means the ordering of columns is important

Thx for advising Received on Mon Dec 20 2004 - 03:23:22 CST