Re: I can't find the installer !!

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:32:51 +0100

Michael wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
> Frank wrote:
>

>>Because that's just one possible answer, and it may
>>not be feasible in his case. Also, by now, this is
>>a FAQ, and the OP should learn something from the
>>experience.
>>Holding hands is not the standard here.

> thanks Frank for making this clear for me ... I will remember this next
> time when you should have a question. Im my eyes it is not a very good
> style when you know the answer of a problem another one is fighting
> with and you send him just the "half true".
>
> But I'm able to learn and in case the community want it that way ....
> Greetings,
> Michael

I told you to search the internet for the Pentium IV bug:
<quote>
The answer is: check internet for Pentium 4

    bug.
</quote>

That's not "half true" by any standard (it's even an assumption on my side, to be precise).

I cannot judge whether you:
1) have disk space to copy a CD, and delete files 2) have hundreds of installations to perform, so the

   given solution might not be practical.

If you would have done the searching, you would have found that there's a patch, too, which does install without having to copy the CD contents.

Just to name something.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel