Re: How to get information on Oracle financials software?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:02:50 -0800

Peter wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:27:54 -0800, DA Morgan
> <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:
>

>>Peter wrote:

>>>I want to learn about the functional aspect of Financials, for now.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>
>>I would suggest you contact a consultancy such as KPMG or PW and
>>see what is available or try to find a job in an accounting department
>>that has the app installed. Others may be aware of other methods of
>>learning this but in my region I am not aware of any useful classes.

> The job I am interested in requires some knowlege of Financials. So if
> I can learn it that will increase my chances.
>
> Thanks

Unless you have the IQ of Albert Einstein, a degree in accounting, and an incredible ability to memorize volumes of material on sight I'd suggest you look elsewhere. Financials is a huge subject and not something where you can quickly learn a couple chapters of stuff and not look the fool presenting yourself as something you are not.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington