Re: How to get information on Oracle financials software?

From: NumbNuts <nummy_at_nuts.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:42:06 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:

> NumbNuts wrote:
>

>> Van Messner wrote:
>>
>>> You can also buy a CD-Pack for OracleApplications 11i from Oracle on the
>>> same basis you buy a CD-Pack for Oracle database. You'll get 40 or
>>> 50 CDs
>>> including complete documentation and the ability to create a sample
>>> OracleApps database. This along with some of the OracleApps books on
>>> the
>>> market (i.e. Oracle eBusiness Suite Financials Handbook from Oracle
>>> Press,
>>> etc.) may be helpful.
>>>

>> Last time I checked, Oracle CD Packs were only available in
>> conjunction with a license, and the only license available for 11i was
>> a purchased product license - no trial or dev licenses available.
>>
>> If that has changed, please advise (with reference) so I can stand
>> corrected.
>

> http://store.oracle.com
> click on CD Packs

Where it states:

"Download an E-Pack for FREE or purchase a CD Pack to receive the media (CD-ROMs) for a suite of related products on a single operating system. If you do not own existing license(s), then you must purchase the associated licenses now or obtain Trial Licenses for a free 30 day evaluation period."

Refer to the last sentance. So, in an attempt to obtain a trial license, you then click on "Trial Software" link on the left, in which one sees

"* We do not offer trial licenses for our E-Business Suite Applications."

as a footnote to the first paragraph.

Of course, you could look at EBay and search on "Oracle Applications" - some VERY interesting results show up right now. Received on Mon Dec 13 2004 - 20:42:06 CST