Re: Report from SQL*Plus (multiple selects)

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:03:08 -0500

"Collywobbles" <spam_at_spammer.spam> wrote in message news:U0jud.43638$Z14.19527_at_news.indigo.ie...
| Is it possible to develop a report in SQL*Plus in a bill type format with
| multiple selects?
| I want to run a select to see my customers personal details and then to
see
| the orders they placed but it needs to be formatted with the customers
| personal details at the top of each page and underneath list the order
| details.
| Thanks

even though some have suggested looking into BREAK and COMPUTE, in actuality the format you are describing is beyond SQL*Plus's capabilities. You could coerce the output into something close to an invoice/order format -- typically this involves unions and clever use of SQL*Plus column formatting (NOPRINT) and concatenation -- but we used to do that when we didn't have any other options. better you look into using an actual report writer for this type of output.

++ mcs Received on Mon Dec 13 2004 - 19:03:08 CST