Re: How To Configure SQL in Oracle

From: Denis Do <nospam.denisdo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 03:13:14 GMT

On 2004-12-09, Manish <manishs_at_hotpop.com> wrote:
> Can anybody help me in setting up SQL. I never set a password but it
> is asking for the same, what do I do ??

If you have black window infront of you and you see something like "Enter user-name" , type
/ as sysdba
(no quotes, nothing - and press ENTER
Now you should see
Connected.

If you have pretty GUI window infront of you and it is asking for password , try sa and empty password (and remember at this point - you are NOT running Oracle. All your posts start with microsoft)