Re: formatting output with SQL*Plus

From: Thomas Kellerer <NNGNVRDSJEBN_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:03:46 +0100

Alan wrote on 08.12.2004 21:28:
> Sorry, missed that. This probably won't help you, but when I run into this,
> I have used the following solutions:
>
> 1. I take the results as they are, paste it into Word or Excel, and just
> could use vi to do the same.
>
> 2. I'll use a 3rd party tool, such as Cognos Impromptu or Lotus Approach.
>
> 3. I get one of the COBOL programmers to process it for me.
>
> Maybe someone knows the "right" way.

Alan,

thanks for your help. But unfortunately none of them are options I can choose (I do have a 3rd party tool that I could use) but I'm limited to SQL*Plus as the thing is a batch job running on the server with no user interaction possible and I'm not able to install software there.

But thanks for your time anyway.

Cheers
Thomas Received on Wed Dec 08 2004 - 15:03:46 CST