using aggregate function from other schema

From: Thomas Blankschein <thomas_at_blankschein.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:39:02 +0100

Hi,

I have a problem with using an aggregate function from another schema in a sql statement.

In the schema 'schema1' I created the object type STRING_AGG_TYPE and the function STRAGG as described by Tom Kyte:

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:8162346286666811189::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:2196162600402,

When connected as 'schema1' I can do a 'SELECT stragg(text_column) from t;' without problems.

Now all other users shall be able to use this function. I created a public synonym for STRAGG and granted execute on STRAGG to the users.

When e.g. user2 is connected and he tries 'SELECT stragg(text_column) from schema1.t;', I get an ORA-29925:
Cannot execute SCHEMA1.STRING_AGG_TYPE.ODCIAGGREGATEINITIALIZE.

What can I do?

Thanks,
Thomas Received on Wed Dec 08 2004 - 06:39:02 CST