Re: Anybody resolved memory issues caused by XML for PL/SQL in 8.1.7 ?

From: KurtisK <KJKYLE_at_COOLBLUENOSPAM.COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:15:14 -0500

I don't have a recommendation outside of Oracle for parsing XML files other than Java. ( outside of PL/SQL ) Jave seems the best approach. I ran into problems when my XML file reached 15-20MB+. The structure of my xml documents varied quite a bit as they represented data from about 20 different tables. When iterating thru this document, my PL/SQL DOM code didn't handle this well for whatever reason, so I had to do old fashion text parsing in order to get the job done in my case. Definitely not the ideal approach.

As for smaller XML documents, we've had good luck with Oracle XML overall. Our application is based on XML messaging going in and out of the database via PL/SQL procedures. The one case where we had to handle large XML files is where it broke down.

Hope this helps,
Kurt