Open files with default Windows tool from forms

From: <papalphaus_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Dec 2004 07:08:22 -0800

I have downloaded from Metalink and am currently using the open_file_with_app procedure that lets me open any Windows file using the default Windows tool for that file type. It works great, but need some help modifying it. If no default Windows tool is defined for a particular file type, I would like the Windows 'Open With' window to pop up and let the user associate a tool with the file type. Is anyone aware of this being done before and if so, what is necessary to make it happen. The application is a forms 6i application running on an 8.1.7 database. The users are running some version of a Microsoft Windows product. If it makes any difference, there are plans of converting the application to 10g in the near (6 months) future. Received on Tue Dec 07 2004 - 09:08:22 CST