Localization approach suggestion

From: <hfung_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Dec 2004 23:51:07 -0800

Hi All,

I already have a web site running with Oracle as a backend (in english)For future growth, I would like to make it localized. Regarding the database, I have come up with several approaches.

  1. just simply add the column in those table which needs different language.
  2. add additional tables to do it.
  3. create a new database to store different language's information

As mentioned, my database have already been implemented, so the minimum modification is preferred. Could you guys suggest me the best way to do it?

Another thing, if I alter my existing database into UTF-8 now, will it affect the original data (ie. English).

Thanks.

Ice Received on Tue Dec 07 2004 - 01:51:07 CST