Re: HELP: Re-start 10g on RH3 Install from scratch

From: robert <rchin_at_nietspampanix.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:15:58 -0500

> Remember that on RHEL3, Oracle puts a bunch of stuff into /etc - the
> oratab AND the orainventory location is found there. If you list
> /etc/*ora* you should find 2 files and a directory that need to be removed
> for an absolutely clean re-install.
>
> HTH
> /Hans

This is SO weird, I swear to God I spent HOURS picking thru /tmp and /etc I dropped user "oracle", dropped the groups, re-created. re-cpio the download.

but everytime I do runInstaller, it refuses to show the "Specify Inventory" screen (http://tinypic.com/uolrn)

So as of right now I am still baffled:
"How the heck does Oracle know I aborted the original install ???" >I{ Received on Mon Dec 06 2004 - 16:15:58 CST