Re: HELP: Re-start 10g on RH3 Install from scratch

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:13:15 +1100

Fabrizio wrote:

> Two names for two different uses.
> bashrc works for non-login sessions while bash_profile for login ones.
>
> Often the distribution links bashrc into bash_profile.

I just want to see what he's got. I leave this sort of nuance to those linux experts who appreciate it!! The specific distro he's using, and the specific advice he's following, works... so I would want to see what he's doing to explain why it's not working for him when doing the .bashrc thing.

In other words, I don't ever make a distinction (and neither do my notes, therefore): it is always .bashrc I edit, and it always works. Whether it's the best thing to do, who knows. Point is, why does it work for me and not for him. (Rhetorical question).

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Dec 06 2004 - 03:13:15 CST