Re: Perl and Java and PL/SQL and SYSDATE

From: Craig & Co. <crb_at_amsa.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:14:58 +1100

Hi,

Didn't know that all machines run in UTC. Oh well it's implied in our TZ settings anyhow.

Yes, I'm in Australia and on the East coast, but the time difference between UTC and ESDT (Eastern Standard Daylight Time) is 11 hours, not 12 hours, so unfortunately that rules that out. :-)

Definitely checked my 'show parameters nls' in both Oracle 8.1.7.4 databases and the
timezone information is there.
I altered the default settings, mainly changing the Time parameter from HH:MI:SSXFF to HH24:MI:SSXFF
in any settings with that format. This was done to enforce the 24 hour nature of the database.

Cheers
Craig. Received on Sun Dec 05 2004 - 19:14:58 CST