Re: How do I use ROWNUM in a subquery (emulating SQL Server TOP n)

From: Bricklen <bricklen_at_zyahoo.zcomz>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 20:45:48 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:
> Bricklen wrote:

>> <snip>
>> Wasn't he referring to Sybrand, not Howard?

> Not according to my memory which, I will sadly acknowledge, is
> sometimes faulty. It has certainly been my experience that Sybrand will
> say something and be done with it whereas Howard will continue to post
> when no point remains to be made other than having the last word. It is
> sadly one reason why I now routinely stop responding to what he writes:
> Once it degenerates into a testosterone contest I lose interest.

If you doubt your memory, you could have gone back and checked the thread -- it was only a day or so old (from Google if you're really keen). I might add, my point was not intended to produce a denigration of Howard, it was simply to correct your attribution of Adrian's comments. Received on Fri Dec 03 2004 - 14:45:48 CST