Re: Google Groups 2 Beta

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2004 16:16:22 -0800

"qnxodba_at_gmail.com" <qnxodba_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1101968405.929999.195510_at_z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>...
> Does anyone use the google groups web interface to read these messages?
>
> I noticed today, Google went to a new format and its worthless. You see
> the original post (could be years old) when you sort the messages
> 'latest first' and we can no longer scroll the list to see who posted
> the latest message.
>
> What's the best alternative web interface?
>
> Its hard to believe that Google would mess up this bad. The new Beta
> format does not display correctly with Mozilla, either. Aweful mess.
> Regards,
>
> Mike Thomas

Try http://dbforums.com
You have to sign up for it which is free but it is Ok. Lately I have noticed that if I post something to e.g. comp.databases.oracle.misc via dbforums, I don't see it on the Google web site... it's only visible at dbforums... strange.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Thu Dec 02 2004 - 18:16:22 CST