Re: Oracle is just not available after a couple of days

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:08:55 -0800

David Wright wrote:

> For some reaons, Oracle shuts down my database and I can't start it up again.
> This usually happens after a fews days, maybe a week after I create it.
>
> I go to DBA studio, logon as sysdba, click on instance, and then try to open
> it, but then there is a red sign with no warning message or explanation.
>
> Also, I cannot delete the databases, since I don't know what the 'internal'
> password is, since everytime Oracle creates a database it says the password
> is '*******' whatever that is.
>

> I am currtenly runing oracle 8.17 enterprise edition, and have windows 2000
> on a DELL 1 gigabertz pentium pc.

  1. You don't need the INTERNAL password to drop a database.
  2. Dropping the database probably will not solve the problem.
  3. No password is required to log on as INTERNAL if you are logged on as the owner of the Oracle installation.

Did you read the installation instructions before installing the software?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington