Re: Google Groups 2 Beta

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2004 11:19:57 -0800

"qnxodba_at_gmail.com" <qnxodba_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1101968405.929999.195510_at_z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>...
> Does anyone use the google groups web interface to read these messages?
>
> I noticed today, Google went to a new format and its worthless. You see
> the original post (could be years old) when you sort the messages
> 'latest first' and we can no longer scroll the list to see who posted
> the latest message.
>
> What's the best alternative web interface?
>
> Its hard to believe that Google would mess up this bad. The new Beta
> format does not display correctly with Mozilla, either. Aweful mess.
> Regards,
>
> Mike Thomas

I read via google from work. When I do, I'm using IE (sigh). I'll try to check it in Netscape from home. But are you talking about the search feature? I almost never use that.

 The "history" feature can be annoying, but it has been that way for a long time. GOOGLE seems to ignore the thread ID's and sorts just by the subject. This can show some ammazingly long threads for common subjects like "SQL question". Received on Thu Dec 02 2004 - 13:19:57 CST