Now and then wrong data is inserted in oracle

From: Jeffrey <jeffreybultinck_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2004 02:36:09 -0800

VB 6.0
Oracle version 8.1.7
Webserver OS: Windows 2000

The problem is very simple: we are loading data from an XML file in an oracle database. The data processed in the database is sometimes different from what we have in the XML file. This is occuring once in a while. The VB component is scheduled in coldfusion via an asp page every 10 minutes. There is a check if the component is already running, there can be no overlap! The asp pages, component and XML files are on the webserver.
I have ran through the code step by step for the "corrupt" files but when I do that it is processed just fine. I have ran already a lot of other test cases. I've even reloaded all the files we received for one day in our development, test and production environment all processed ok. I am not able to simulate the problem. I am not saying it is an oracle issue. I can just give you the facts we are dealing with. It could be either VB, Oracle, the connection between the webserver (XML files are stored here) and the database server or a combination. I really don't know.
Anyway already thanks for your friendly advise! Received on Thu Dec 02 2004 - 04:36:09 CST