Is the database server on the local machine?

From: Lenny Palozzi <the_bitbucket_at_canada.com>
Date: 1 Dec 2004 14:06:11 -0800

I'm looking for a way, via C/C++ code, to find the hostname and/or ip adress of the Oracle database server. I'm given a "service name" which, along with user/password allows me to connect to the database server, but the details are hidden by the Oracle client and TNS.

Is there a way via OCI, or some other API, to retrieve the connection details based on the "service name"?.

I suppose I could locate and parse the tnsnames.ora file myself, and though workable, is not an ideal solution.

And how about if an Oracle Names Server is used?

~Lenny Received on Wed Dec 01 2004 - 16:06:11 CST