Re: HTMLDB application-development tool

From: robert <rchin_at_nietspampanix.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:22:57 -0500

Niall Litchfield wrote:
> "robert" <rchin_at_nietspampanix.com> wrote in message
>

>>heh heh I did full 10g install in like an hour...then HTMLDB 10g took like
>>3 hours to install...massive...just massive...

> Then you either have something very wrong with your setup, or something else
> complicating the issue. HTMLDB on a 1600mhz laptop running windows in 512mb
> ram takes less than 20 minutes to install. I've done this at least 3 times.

hmm, interesting, I did 2 times on Linux with PIII/312 MB RAM. first time was when it was still 9i Beta...much longer than mere 20 minutes, then few weeks ago, same machine, this time via the Installer.....took so long I quit watching it....

I think on my thinkpad (P4/512 RAM) it was much, much faster Received on Wed Nov 24 2004 - 08:22:57 CST