SQL Update Numeric Field

From: Jason Gyetko <jgyetko_at_epower-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:30:27 GMT

I have an Access frontend linked to an Oracle backend. When I run an update query against a Number field, I have set it equal to "123" instead of 123 (like it's a Character field). Does anyone know why this is? Do I have something configured incorrectly in my field, or is that just the way Oracle handles it?

Field Structure

Name:             Item
Schema:          <None>
Datatype:        NUMBER
Size:                38
Scale:              0
Ref:
Nulls?:             Yes

Default Value: 0 Received on Wed Nov 24 2004 - 07:30:27 CST