returning columns not in a group by

From: Joe <not_at_here.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:30:35 -0000

Hi

is this possible in SQLPLUS without using PL/SQL?

select count(*) col1,col2,col3
from table1
group by col1

where the count(*) returns the number in each group and I also get all the rows displayed in col1 order

Of course col2 and col3 are not in the group by so I get that error.

I want to run the command through excel through so anything too clever is out.

Is it possible?

TIA Received on Tue Nov 23 2004 - 20:30:35 CST