Re: FGAC and Crystal Reports

From: Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:43:11 +0000

Hi Marty,
I haven't tried it with any reporting tool. But I don't see any problem using it.
The concept is about creating a function that will add a where clause to your selects on an object. The policy will ensure that this is actually implemented on a certain schema, object on a determined operation SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE.
So I don't see any problem on tools using objects with an established policy.

I tried this already with HTML DB. In a report, that shows certain rows depending on the logged in user. No problems at all.

bye,
PedroLopes