ORA-00907 : missing right parenthesis

From: <jamesmgiordano_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Nov 2004 06:12:53 -0800

I am using TOAD with Oracle 9i. Getting a weird error that I don't understand.

Not sure why this error is coming up, but I have two tables that I am trying to run SQL on.

select t1.table1_id,(select t2.created from table2 tr where t1.table1_id=t2.table1_id and rownum = 1 order by t2.created) as created from table1 t1

I am basically trying to get the newest record from my lookup table (table2) and return all rows from table1.

If I change the word "order" to "group" it will work, but if I use "order" it complains. Does anyone have any ideas why? Thanks for any help you can give me,
JJ Received on Tue Nov 23 2004 - 08:12:53 CST