Re: Application architecture advices needed

From: Antoine D. <noname_at_nospam.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 00:01:40 GMT

Well, first thanks for your answer. I understand that these packages are exactly what I need for the second half of my application (and actually small tests I have done are ok !!!)

Now, I would like to know which is the best architecture for Oracle to be able to terminate HTTP requests. I guess Apache is involved (probably with some modules mod_header or whatever).
But is it possible to use the Oracle listener for example ?

HTTP Client ---------> (Apache ?) - Oracle ----------------> Web server

HTTP Client is doing requests with a cutom HTTP header. (Apache ?)-Oracle should process the request, get the custom header value,
do an SQL query to its database with the header value as a parameter, from the one of the SQL query result fields, get new URLs, and then POST to these URLs.