Oracle ODBC Queries with Regular Expressions

From: Tom O'Dell <tommy.odell_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Nov 2004 07:06:52 -0800

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to run a query containing a regular expression through the Oracle ODBD 32bit driver (sqo32_73.dll)?

Running the following query gives me the error below.

SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE REGEXP_LIKE(mycolumn, '[A-Z]{2}');

SQLSTATE: 3700
Native Error Code:920
Driver Message:[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI]ORA-00920: invalid relational operator.

I've been searching for hours trying to find a list of valid relational operators for the Oracle ODBC but haven't come up with anything - very frustrating for what seems like something that should be easy to find.

The DB is Oracle 8i release 8.1.7. Many many thanks for any help!

Tom Received on Thu Nov 18 2004 - 09:06:52 CST