Re: avoid to create public synonyms

From: Dietmar Brueckmann <Dietmar.Brueckmann_at_lycos.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:48:10 +0100

> You didn't ask, but you might tell your DBA to look at the discussion
> about performance of private v public synonyms at www.ixora.com.au

Thanks that's a very interesting site.
I've found a discussion that suggest something like this in an other context:

execute immediate 'alter session set current_schema = ' || default_schema;

Could this be the way to avoid all synonyms. There are only two questions:
1. In triggers, to notice all changes a user has done, I need USER. 2. The SELECT, UPDATE ... grants refers to the user or not.

  1. I think USER remains
  2. I assume all access rights are not transfered (no password is given).

Best regards
Dietmar Received on Wed Nov 17 2004 - 02:48:10 CST