Re: avoid to create public synonyms

From: Dietmar Brueckmann <Dietmar.Brueckmann_at_lycos.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:31:37 +0100

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1100233148.381393_at_yasure...

> Use a role and tell your "admin" that his way is not the Oracle way.
> It is just his way.

Sorry, probably you misunderstood me (or I didn't know all secrets): we use roles, but I think I can only grant SELECT ... to a role. I'd like to create a synonym for a role. But my knowledge is that I can create synonyms only for a schema.

Best regards
Dietmar Received on Wed Nov 17 2004 - 02:31:37 CST