ORACLE LONG to JAVA?

From: Alex Sauer <noSpamm_at_web.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:58:40 +0100

Hi everybody,

I got a problem of reading LONG-Datatyps into my Java-program using JDBC

I send out sth. like "SELECT search_condition FROM user_constraints" to the DB. (Should return "OWNER", "CONSTRAINT_NAME", "CONSTRAINT_TYPE", "TABLE_NAME", "SEARCH_CONDITION", ...)
Sending this statement via "rsSet = stmt.executeQuery(sql)" and fetching the results into a resultSet, all works fine.

And while accessing column 1 - 4 it works out fine.

But if I try to access the "search_condition", the program alway tells me, that the stream was already closed.

According to some documentation I found, this columns datatype is LONG.

Can someone plz tell me how to get a dammned LONG into an JAVA-appl.? PLZ help me!

Kind regards
Alex Received on Sun Nov 14 2004 - 15:58:40 CST