Oracle 8 + Win2k: error "memory could not be read"

From: Evan <evan80_at_libero.it>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:27:42 GMT

Hi, I'm a student and I need to work with Oracle8 for my graduation thesis. I downloaded few weeks ago Oracle8 (from the official site) and installed it on a win2k PC.
During the installation everything went ok, but now every time I power up the PC an error appear:

java.exe - application error
the instruction at "XXXXX" refererenced memory at "XXXXX". the memory could not be read

This happen after I log to win and is repeated for 5 times. I made a quick search with google and it seems that this is caused by a combination of a particular version of java, Pentium4, and Oracle 8. The problem is that I have only 1 PC and I need to use Oracle8. How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Evan Received on Sat Nov 13 2004 - 03:27:42 CST