Re: Which to download?

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:40:04 +0100

Alan wrote:
> As I am a newbie to Oracle would like to know besides the 10g database
> server, what other I need to download to look at the Oracle 10g ?
>
> How about the something like Form 2000 or Designer 2000 ?

What do you mean "look at"?!?
You got SQL*Plus - Oracle is not a point-and-shoot Access-like Microsoft product, but a serious beast. There are numerous tools/programs which allow you to look to the data within Oracle; Oracle's Enterprise Manager is (next to the before mentioned SQL*Plus) one of them.

Forms/2000 is a very old version of Developer; Designer/2000 a similar old upper- and lower CASE tool; don't download these

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel