Re: Oralce newbe

From: HansF <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 20:02:55 GMT

Steve Lenaghan wrote:

> Real time in this case implies that if a call taker inputs a call to the
> database the dispatcher's work station should display the added
> information once the call has been taken.
>
> I've been running Netware 4.11 for years and I know people with 3.2
> systems that just hum along. Our call center software is 12 years old,
> DOS and basically a good performer.
>
> Steve L.

I seriously recommend you look at Novell/SuSE Linux as the platform for your database - and look at the 9i or 10g database. The call center itself can still run in Netware & DOS.

(With Novel's stated direction, all the Novell Utilities are available or just about available on SuSE and you will be very, very comfortable with the future if you learn Linux.)

/Hans Received on Thu Nov 11 2004 - 14:02:55 CST