data integrity check?

From: <puppet_sock_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Nov 2004 09:02:34 -0800

The situation:

My Oracle database gets data from other Oracle databases. At present, this is done through an ODBC connection run by a VB prog. But this may change, possibly to a DBLINK, or possibly something else. (In passing, any advice on how to do that would be gladly accepted.)

The IT powers-that-be in this place have passed on a decree. All data transfers between databases shall include an integrity check of the data. By which they seem to mean that some process shall exist that does some kind of check that the data at the other end is the same as the data that gets through. They seem to be worried about corruption in the data transmissions.

I'm thinking some kind of equivalent of a CRC or some such thing. Is there any such thing built in to any standard data fetch from one Oracle db to another? Or will I need to roll my own?
Socks Received on Thu Nov 11 2004 - 11:02:34 CST