DSN-less pass-through queries in MS Access

From: Bruce Hensley <bhensley_at_bechtel.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2004 15:47:46 -0800

In Access 97, I have successfully created a DSN-less pass-thru query to Oracle 8 using the MS ODBC For Oracle driver. I used a connection string like this:

ODBC;Driver={Microsoft ODBC For Oracle}; Server=our_tnsname; UID=my_userid; PWD=my_password

However, our DBAs are concerned about this driver and have insisted we use the Oracle ODBC Driver [from Oracle] instead.

I've tried a number of formats for the connection string, none of which work. Here is an example:

ODBC;Driver={Oracle ODBC Driver}; dbq=our_tnsname; UID=my_userid; PWD=my_password

Is there a way to make this work? If so, how?

Thanks,
Bruce Received on Wed Nov 10 2004 - 17:47:46 CST