Re: Oralce newbe

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2004 12:35:38 -0800

Steve Lenaghan <lenaghan_at_mts.net> wrote in message news:<Ppqkd.5930$wj7.24884_at_news1.mts.net>...
> I recently purchased Netware 5 which came with Oracle 8. I have no
> experience with this product.
>
> 1- Where can I find on line manuals?
>
> 2- I need a database to display real time on multiple terminals for a
> dispatch situation without manual refreshing.
>
> TIA
>
> Steve L.

You can download the manual from otn.oracle.com. Membership is required, but it is free.

I believe that online documentation is available at http://tahiti.oracle.com

Your options for displaying "real time" data will depend on exactly what you mean by terminals: dumb or PC, if each terminal should display the same or different information, and by real time.

With a client process running on a PC polling or waiting for a possibly terminal specific alert to be issued are possibilities. See dbms_alert package.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Nov 10 2004 - 14:35:38 CST