Re: select without column names, whitespaces

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 9 Nov 2004 17:00:29 -0800

jason_at_cyberpine.com wrote in message news:<ef0a04d7.0411091117.1d59e144_at_posting.google.com>...
> Newbie here.
>
> How do I select without column names?
> How do I remove any white spaces from select output?
>
> Thanks.

Select * will select all column names in the table

If by "without column names" you mean supressing the headings in SQLPlus then see the SET command in the SQLPlus Users Guide and Reference for set heading off and/or set pagesize 0.

To remove or change the column separator see the SET command again. There is a parameter for the column separator. I think it is called colsep.

If you are going to work in Oracle then there is no excuse for not reading the SQLPlus Users Guide and Reference; it is full of useful features.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Nov 09 2004 - 19:00:29 CST