Re: Best practices for storing credit card info?

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 9 Nov 2004 14:53:14 -0800

D. Alvarado (laredotornado_at_zipmail.com) wrote:
: Hello,
: We are running an ecommerce application using Oracle 8.1.7
: enterprise server. What are the best practices when it comes to
: storing credit card information? We want the user to be able to
: specify whether or not they want their credit card info stored so that
: it can be there when they return.

: We are on Solaris using a WebLogic front end.

If you're in Canada there are specific legal requirements you must fulfil if you wish to store this kind of data, so if you're in Canada then check those first. A lawyer would be the expensive way to find what they are, though I assume there are other ways to look up the legal requirements that cost nothing.

(otherwise I have no specific answer) Received on Tue Nov 09 2004 - 16:53:14 CST