Debug (dumb) listener problem 9i

From: Dan Bolser <dmb_at_mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 18:35:01 +0000

Hi, I want to understand listener.ora, tnsnames.ora and lsnrctl. How to set them up properly and 'nuances' such as SID vs. instance_name vs. service_names vs. db_name (which are all set to the same thing in my config). Also I guess global_names is related.

I can send all the relevant files (I think), but like I said, I would like to get to grips with this problem. (I get error messages via tnsping).

Can someone please point to a document that covers these issues? (the simpler the better!).

All the best,
Dan. Received on Tue Nov 09 2004 - 12:35:01 CST