PHP, ODBC and ORACLE

From: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz <taskovskig_at_gmx.net>
Date: 6 Nov 2004 13:22:12 +0100

I can not conect to remote Oracle DB using EasySoft's ODBC for Oracle package. I just keep ending with:

$ islq ORACLE -v
[unixODBC][Easysoft][Oracle]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Same thing happens when I connect using PHP4 script which is I want to do at the end :)
I can without any problem connect and retrieve data from the same database via Perl's DBD::Oracle module using the same host, sid combination as it is in /etc/odbc.ini file.

Here are the relevant files:

/etc/odbcinst.ini

[ORACLE]
Description             = Easysoft ODBC Oracle Driver
Driver          = /usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so
Setup           = /usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoraclesetup.so
FileUsage               = 1

-----------------------

/etc/odbc.ini

[ORACLE]
Driver                  = ORACLE
Database                = omdb
Host                    = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
ServerType              = Oracle 8
SID                     = yyy
Port                    = 1521
User                    = user
Password                = pass
METADATA_ID             = 0
ENABLE_USER_CATALOG     = 1
ENABLE_SYNONYMS         = 1

/home/oracle/8.1.7/network/admin/tnsnames.ora

omdb =
  (DESCRIPTION =
      (ADDRESS_LIST =
              (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 172.20.3.36)(PORT = 1521))
                  )
                      (CONNECT_DATA =
                              (SID = omdb)
                 )

)

I am using Debian GNU/Linux (unstable), Oracle 8.1.7 client/server (The server is on Solaris machine). In case anypne can not provide an answer, please write some hints on connecting to the database server using PHP from the Debian machine via ODBC.

Thanks in advance Received on Sat Nov 06 2004 - 06:22:12 CST