Re: Oracle date format

From: Bill <bill_at_tadi.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:01:43 -0600

To make a long story short. I am using a 3rd party tool (web based) to insert data into Oracle. We have no access to the source code of the 3rd party tool. Everything works fine until we encountered the need to insert a datetime value. If just date, we have no problem, but when the time is also needed, then we have this problem.

The 3rd party tool works with all databases, which we have many...probably using JDBC. For all datatypes, except datetime, we have no problem. The only place we are encountering problem is with Oracle, we were able to insert datetime into SQLServer okay. For datetime, I believe we need to put the data into the vendor's own format. (I maybe wrong.)

Bill