connect to oracle with vb.net

From: chris <hillybilly_at_gmx.at>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 19:23:13 +0100

hi everyone!

i'm working in a company where an old oracle-version is used, version 7.3.4.5
i want to connect to that db with vb.net with odbc or oledb or another data-provider.
what i want to know is, do I need an oracle-client installed on my pc?? i read something about the "instant client" on the oracle homepage, but this only works on oracle-versions higher than 8 (or something).

thank you for you help

greets,

   chris Received on Wed Nov 03 2004 - 12:23:13 CST