Re: Oracle or mySQL

From: michael newport <michaelnewport_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Nov 2004 09:00:33 -0800

> If you have something to promote then stop being a rude inconsiderate
> troll. All usenet groups have charters. This one too. And you are
> supposed to be responsible enough to read it before posting to
> determine what is and is not appropriate.
>
> What you are doing is promoting a product and that is strictly
> forbidden. So either post at c.d.o.marketplace or go to c.d.ingres
> where, as Mark Townsend has pointed out, you haven't posted once.
> If you have something to offer offer it there. Otherwise expect us to
> contact your ISP and report you for your activities Yahoo is very good
> at cancelling accounts when they receive evidence that someone has
> repeatedly been advised of charter violations and persisted in their
> behavior.
>
> In short ... get on-topic or get lost.

Daniel,

By comparing 2 products you will end up promoting one product over the other.

Actually what is being promoted is OpenSource. I use Ingres an as example because I know it, and it has more features than MySql.

The idea of not needing to buy a licence whether it comes from CA, IBM, Sybase, Postgres, MySQL etc... is long overdue.

If you could take your blinkers off you would see Larry blowing your large licence fees away on his takeover of PeopleSoft.

Regards
Michael Newport Received on Tue Nov 02 2004 - 11:00:33 CST